The following policies have been adopted to clearly articulate how enrollment decisions will be determined. If the application is received by the deadline and student meets the school’s admissions criteria, student will be further considered for enrollment. Students will be selected and placed in the school based on the maximum capacity of classrooms as set by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston according to the following categories in order:
- Currently enrolled students in good standing.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled.
- Students currently enrolled and in good standing at another school in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Catholic children of participating parishioners who are siblings or children of a graduate of the School.
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing and participating members of the School Parish (or if a central school, one of the participating parishes).*
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing, and participating members at another Catholic parish within the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.*
- Non-Catholic students (Non-Catholic students will be enrolled or added to a waiting list in the order of applications received).
* Families can obtain a form from their parish that is to be signed by the pastor and submitted to the school at application.
- Students not selected for admission due to class size limits, will automatically be placed on a wait list.
- If an opening becomes available, students on the wait list will be given priority for those openings in the same order of preference as detailed in the Admission Eligibility protocols.
- The wait list will exist for the current academic year only.
- The wait list will be established after the enrollment process for the upcoming school year has ended and will terminate when that school year ends.
Students not currently enrolled who are seeking admissions to St. Francis de Sales should obtain a registration application from the school office. They should also make an appointment with the principal to discuss their child’s acceptance into the school.
Student Admissions Priority Status
● All returning students who have met all the registration requirements.
● Siblings of currently enrolled students and children of staff members.
● Catholic students.
● Students from other religious faiths.
● St. Francis Pre-School Non-Catholic students entering Kindergarten will be given preference over Non-Catholic students from other preschool programs.
Policy for Catholic Tuition Rates
● Family must be registered with a Catholic Church
● Family must faithfully attend and actively participate in Sunday and Holyday Masses.
● Family must regularly contribute financially to the support of the parish through the use of the parish envelope system or by check.
Admission Requirements for Students in K-8
● An official copy of the student’s most recent academic records.
● An official copy of the student’s certificate of birth.
● A copy of the student’s social security card.
● An up-to-date record of immunizations.
Catholic Students also need:
● A copy of their Baptismal certificate.
● A record of all other sacraments received.
● Approval of Catholic tuition status.
Additional Kindergarten Requirements:
● Student must be 5 years of age by July 1 of the academic year in which he/she is applying for admission.
● Or student must pass the early entrance exam given by Raleigh County Schools.
● Student must have written record of having been screened for speech, vision, and hearing.
● Student must have current immunizations records which are required by the WV Department of Health.