History

The parishioners of St. Francis de Sales Parish decided in 1956 that “God belonged in the classroom.” It was from this belief that they launched a capital fund campaign to build a parish grade school. The St. Francis de Sales Parish responded with overwhelming support and established a strong spiritual and educational foundation with the opening of St. Francis de Sales School in the fall of 1957. It is this foundation that has remained strong throughout the years. The success and deep traditions of St. Francis de Sales School area result of the generosity and foresight of these visionaries.